1.5 pounds/675 grams ground meat (poultry, pork, veal or beef or a combination)
1-2 cloves garlic
1 medium potato
1 medium onion
Salt and pepper
- Roughly chop the onion, potato and garlic and put them in the food processor to process completely until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper and add the mixture to the ground meat.
- Combine all using your hands.
1 28 oz/796 ml can diced tomatoes ( use ground tomatoes if you prefer a smooth sauce)
1 10 oz/284 ml can tomato soup concentrate
1 can water or stock
2 tbsp/30 ml Dijon mustard
1 jar Jelly Boys’ Garlic and Hot Pepper Jelly
Juice of ½ lemon
- Using a large, high-sided saucepan, combine all ingredients and heat over medium heat until the jelly melts and all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Wet hands and form golf ball size meatballs and place them into the simmering sauce.
- Be sure to adjust the heat so the sauce maintains an even temperature and continues to simmer.
- Allow the meatballs to simmer for about 45 minutes keeping the saucepan open to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Keep the meatballs moving so they don't stick.
Serve over fluffy white rice. Serves 4 to 6
Here is a delicious idea for your next cocktail party or afternoon tea.
1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 brie cheese (camembert works well, too)
1 egg beaten, thinned with 1 tbsp cream
1 jar Jelly Boys’ Garlic and Hot Pepper jelly
1 baguette, thinly sliced
- Defrost one portion of frozen puff pastry and roll it out to ½ centimeter thickness
- Wrap a brie cheese in the puff pastry ensuring that the cheese is completely enclosed
- Brush beaten egg thinned with the cream onto the surface of the brie-wrapped cheese and place it in the oven at 425° for 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before cutting to prevent all the cheese from running out.
- Have your guests serve themselves wedges of the delicious baked brie on thinly sliced baguette pieces topped generously with Jelly Boys' Garlic and Hot Pepper jelly and wait for the rave reviews.
- E-mail us quickly to order more
12 rice paper wrappers (available in the international aisle of your supermarket or an Asian grocery store)
1 leaf lettuce, all leaves separated, washed and dried
2 carrots, julienned
1 English cucumber, seeds removed, julienned
½ pkg fine rice noodles (available alongside the rice paper wrappers)
3 green onions, chopped finely
24 medium size shrimp, cooked, shells and tails removed (sliced, cooked chicken may be substituted for shrimp)
1 jar Jelly Boys Ginger Lime Cilantro Jelly
Cilantro for garnish
Makes 12 rolls
- Place the fine rice noodles in a pot of hot water and allow them to soften for 5 to10 minutes. Strain them and ensure that all excess water is removed. Place strained noodles in a bowl.
- Prepare all the other ingredients and have each of them ready in individual bowls before starting to assemble the rolls.
- Take one rice paper wrapper and dip it in a bowl of warm, not hot, water and allow it to soften (about 10 seconds)
- Place the softened wrapper flat on a tea towel and place a lettuce leaf of the same size on it.
- Add approximately one or two teaspoonfuls of each of the other vegetables on top of the lettuce leaf.
- Place 2 shrimp (or chicken pieces) on top and add one tablespoon of Ginger Lime Cilantro Jelly.
- Roll up the wrapper folding in the sides so that all the ingredients are well sealed.
- Serve on a platter garnished with cilantro sprigs and Thai sweet chili sauce for dipping.
- Watch those Salad Rolls disappear and e-mail us quickly to order more!
1 baguette thinly sliced on the diagonal
250 grams cream cheese, plain or any savoury flavor you like
smoked salmon to cover each slice
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 jar Jelly Boys Cucumber Dill jelly
- Spread cream cheese on each slice of the baguette
- Lay one slice of smoked salmon over the cream cheese on each piece
- Sprinkle a few onion rings and capers on each slice
- Spoon one teaspoonful of Jelly Boys Cucumber Dill jelly on each portion
- Wait for the rave reviews! E-mail us quickly to order more
6 lamb shanks – silver skin membrane removed
1 sprig rosemary
3 cloves garlic
½ cup red wine
½ cup olive oil
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a zip lock bag and add lamb shanks.
- Marinate overnight
Preparation of lamb shanks:
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 cup chicken stock
1 jar Jelly Boys Gourmet Savoury Jelly – Chili Tangerine flavour
3 cloves garlic
1 stem rosemary
½ habanero pepper (optional) (also known as "Scotch Bonnets" or "Jamaican Hot Peppers")
2 stems rosemary
1 tbsp oil
salt and pepper
- Thoroughly dry the lamb shanks with paper towel.
- Liberally sprinkle them with salt and pepper and brown them on all sides in the oil.
- Pour off excess fat.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, all remaining marinade, ½ jar of the Jelly Boys Gourmet Savoury Jelly – Chili Tangerine flavour , chopped garlic and rosemary and finely chopped habanero pepper (if using).
- Simmer for 2 to 2 ½ hours or until the shanks are tender.
- Remove the shanks and reduce the liquid to thicken sauce.
- Add the other half jar of jelly and stir to melt.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve with couscous, rice or mashed potatoes to fully enjoy the sauce.
- Wait for the rave reviews! E-mail us quickly to order more.